Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A hearty breakfast.

Today we woke to a rainy morning.  This means one thing to me......no walking!  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the walk once I get going.  It's just the "getting going" that's difficult.  So I jumped out of bed at our normal time of 6.00am and made us both coffees and settled back into bed with my iPad.  I was skimming through my Facebook feed when I came across a recipe that looked quite delicious for breakfast.  
It was so simple.  Grease four muffin tins (mine are silicon) and place a round of bread in the bottom of each one.  I used a cookie cutter.  Then I wrapped a piece of bacon around the edge of the muffin tin.  Next step was a teaspoon of cream into each case and then break an egg on top of that.  Season with salt and pepper and pop into a pre-heated 200 degree oven for 10 minutes.  If you don't like runny eggs cook them a little longer.  I tipped the eggs onto a bed of rocket dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and put a little sprig of parsley on top and Voilà!  They were delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment