Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Day 148 Karrinyup, Perth, WA

After three big days of touring, today was a day of rest, or nearly....

I started my day watching my two favourite Aussie tennis players, Nick Kyrgios and Thanasi Kokkinakis, battle it out at the US Open in New York.  These two are friends both off the court and on the court and you may remember (if you follow tennis) that they took out the Doubles crown at the Australian Open earlier this year.  They are a formidable doubles team and will also be competing in the doubles at the US Open.  Nick took the win in three sets in todays match but it was hard to watch and as Nick said afterwards "I hope I never have to play against my best friend ever again in any tennis match".

Other than watching the tennis I made us a Chocolate Slice that has been in my cooking repertoire since I learnt how to make it at high school!  These days I leave off the chocolate icing because we don't need the extra sugar calories....


Somehow I have ended up with a lot of small quantities of vegetables in the fridge and what better way to use them up than in a stir-fry.  I also fall back on this recipe quite a bit and it is so versatile because you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand.  It was also perfect because I had a nice piece of rump steak sitting in the freezer.  The marinade I used today for the beef was plum sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce and lemon juice with a pinch of five spice powder.



It is a delicious meal and really quite filling so after lunch we walked the pathway in our suburb that borders one of many parks in the area.  There are many people walking after lunch and I think it is probably because it is still quite cool in the mornings (around six degrees) but after lunch the temperature has lifted to eighteen degrees.  The sun is shining brightly as we walk and we are soaking it up because rain is once again predicted by the weekend.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment