Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Day 128 Cervantes, WA

Today was much more agreeable weatherise.  So much so that we donned our joggers and walked for just over an hour around Cervantes.  It is a very small sleepy seaside village so you can believe me when I say that we covered almost every square inch of it 😂.  Seriously though it was a lovely walk and we commented that we haven't had a decent walk since Kalbarri almost a month ago!  The places we have stayed recently have not really lent themselves to walking.  As you know though we have done lots of tours that almost always involved some degree of walking.

So that was my day.  Fullstop.  Finito.  It was a day of self care taken for myself.  Philip on the other hand has to keep on the move so he took himself off to one of the hills that overlooks Cervantes.  He also took the GoPro so I have footage to share at the end of this post.  I did catch up on the washing though.  With the past couple of rainy days, and not being able to get anything dry on the clothes line, the washing had mounted up so I had quite a few loads for my little washing machine.  I still thank the stars that we had it installed in our Caravan.

Even lunch wasn't exciting today.  We picked up some Rib Fillet Steaks from the butcher in Kalgoorlie so we pulled them out of the freezer and Philip cooked them on the bar-b-que while I tossed together a very simple salad.  The steak was melt in the mouth delicious.  This afternoon we hooked up the Apple TV and watched a Netflix movie that I would give a 2/5. Even though it sounded promising with many big name stars (including Meryl Streep) it was disappointing. It was called the Laundromat and it was a true story about money laundering.  I don't recommend it. 

We are in for a couple of glorious sunshine days according to the BOM, so we have a few things planned for our time here.  Yanchep is now on our radar.  It is around 100k from us so we will make it a full day.  Yanchep National Park has many walk trails that guarantee wildflowers and Crystal Cave is also within the National Park so we will book a tour to visit the cave.  Hopefully we will find somewhere nice in Yanchep to enjoy a leisurely lunch.  Just not sure whether we will go to Yanchep tomorrow or Friday.  We will wait and see what tomorrow brings.








No comments:

Post a Comment