Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Day 149 Karrinyup, Perth, WA

It has been another "nothing" day, apart from a couple of appointments.  When I visited the hairdresser a couple of weeks ago she found a spot in my hair that she thought I should have checked.  Philip took a photo of it when I arrived home and I sent it to my skin doctor in Cairns.  I have been with the same skin doctor for ten years so I know I can rely on Edward's opinion.  His assessment was that he thought it was okay but just to be on the safe side to find somewhere to have it checked properly, which I did today.  It is, as Edward said, nothing to be concerned about but as I do have a  melanoma history it is always worthwhile getting an expert opinion.  All of those sun filled days in our teens, without sunscreen, are coming back to bite all of us old grey nomads.

Even lunch was a simple affair today with leftover spaghetti and meatballs and as always, it tastes twice as good the second time around. I really have to do a grocery shop sometime soon but it is something I put off until it is absolutely necessary.  

While I was preparing lunch Philip made a phone call to the company that has ordered our cooktop part that was supposed to be here on Monday or Wednesday at the latest.  Well today is Wednesday and it is still not here.  The company have no idea when the part might arrive and are blaming Thetford.  I actually think they are right because I decided to try another avenue to see if I could get the parts (it didn't worry us to have two of the same part) and the lovely lady I have been dealing with rang today to say that she can't get any sense out of Thetford.  When we get back to Cairns we are seriously considering swapping out the Thetford Cooktop/Oven for a Dometic that are a much easier company to deal with.

While we were watching television last night there was an advertisement for the Araluen Botanical Gardens Tulip Festival.  After a google search I found that Araluen is a southern suburb of Perth and is about a 40 minute drive from where we are on the north side of Perth.  I am over the moon that this festival happens to coincide with our stay in Perth and we have planned a full day there tomorrow.  From what I can read on the website there are heaps of self guided tours around the gardens and two good restaurants to choose from for lunch.  Araluen Botanic Park covers an area of 14 hectares or 35 acres so we will have plenty to see. xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment