Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Day 135 Swan Valley, Perth, WA

 Well we have now experienced the whole gamut of weather here in Western Australia with hail tapping our roof around 4am this morning. It sounded so loud but didn't last very long thank goodness.  I could hear a commotion outside our van and as I peered out I could see our neighbours taking down their awning.  They were obviously worried but there wasn't a great deal to worry about as there was not a lot of wind and wind is the killer for awnings.

The day is another bleak one and I was very pleased to be able to have a pamper day at the hairdresser, and it really was a full on pamper.  I had a full treatment on my poor neglected hair that took several hours but I am very pleased with the result.

I joked with my hairdresser that since we have been living in the caravan I have become quite the feral.  My hair gets no love at all, and boy has it begun to look like it 😂.  But today it has now been shown the love and now looks shiny and healthy. There is nothing like a good cut'n'colour....

While chatting to my new hairdresser friend I was able to get a lot of ideas regarding the rest of our stay in Perth.  Tomorrow we move to Karinyup Waters Holiday Resort and Caravan Park as it is close to Scarborough beach where our love story began.  I told my hairdresser than I needed some retail therapy and I asked where the best shopping mall/centre was situated and she said I had to go to Karinyup Shopping Mall.  How lucky is that!  It is just around the corner from our van park. 

We also got talking about Scarborough Beach and she suggested that we take a night away from the caravan and book into one of the hotels on the beach.  As I have a birthday coming up I think that is exactly what we will do.  Once again local knowledge has been a winner.

I am just about to start making a batch of pikelets for our young friends who want to come and have a look inside our caravan.  We will have a munch on them and tonight we will once again head to their place for another catch up.  It wasn't a late night last night and I expect the same tonight as it is wet and cold so bed is the place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment