Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Day 142 Karrinyup, Perth, WA

A much slower day today with a long bike ride for Philip and a Yoga class for me.  It was quite late by the time we had both showered and changed so we decided to forego breakfast opting instead to have an early lunch. But first we had to find the local IGA to top up the grocery supplies.  The IGA we found is great with everything we need and it is in close proximity to where we are staying. 

I had made us spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and I wanted to serve a big bowl of greens alongside the dish.  Adam Liaw has a great recipe for just such an occasion so I bought Brussel Sprouts, Leek, Silverbeet and Broccolini.  I cooked the Leek and Brussel Sprouts in chicken stock with a large tablespoon of butter for around three minutes and then added the Silverbeet and Broccolini and cooked for another two minutes.  I then drained off the stock and added the juice of a lemon and lots of salt and pepper.  Yummy, and the perfect side to the spaghetti and meatballs.

After lunch Philip dropped me at Karrinyup Shopping Centre for an appointment with the Specsavers Audiologist that I had made several weeks ago.  I arrived in plenty of time so I was able to do a little browsing.  Men don't get this.  I can browse for several hours without buying a single thing!  

On our way to the Shopping Centre we pulled up at the lights beside a bus.  I don't know whether you can easily read the sticker on the window, but it says "Do not Access Bus through Window" Oh, for the love of God.......


After my appointment I rang Philip and he collected me from a pre-arranged spot.  It took him quite awhile to get to me as he hit the mummy school run.  A ten minute trip took twenty.  When we arrived home and I walked in the door, look what awaited me.....


It is an absolutely beautiful arrangement and so me.  I am missing my flowers and this gorgeous arrangement brought a tear to my eye.  It is an early birthday present. We have quite the day planned tomorrow culminating in dinner at LeRebelle Restaurant.  We have a chef friend who lives in Perth but as (bad) luck would have it he is currently in Spain. I messaged him for the name of a restaurant that would be nice for dinner and he said that his mate owned LeRebelle.  I have since found out that this restaurant was voted best restaurant in WA 2021 and 2022 and it's in the top 50 in Australia.  Now that is some recommendation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment