Saturday, February 16, 2013

O'Reilly's Guest House

When we went to Beaudesert for a wedding we had a bit of time to kill on the day of the wedding so we decided to go to O'Reilly's.  The sign at Canungra said that it was 37km to O'Reilly's.  Easy.  Should take us about 45 minutes.  Wrong.  It took us one and a half hours to make the journey and that was one way!  OMG.  That road was so narrow and windy.  And the climb!  It was such a long way UP! I felt so sorry for M-I-L sitting in the back seat.  I know that she loathes height, but she remained a soldier.  It started raining as soon as we arrived at O'Reilly's and I was very disappointed.  So much for the lovely photos that I thought I might be able to take.  I think on a bright sunshine day the view would be amazing.  Anyway these are the shots that I got.

A misty drive to O'Reilly's

The cloudy view that might just have been spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment