JUstDreamInparadise.......JUDI living in Paradise

I am fifty something and I love my family and the life I live. I'm an optimistic person by nature and I try to find a positive for every negative. I'm not a vegetarian, but the animal I eat is. I enjoy cooking, photography and scrapbooking. Since living here I have become a gardener and take immense joy in the beauty of my garden. My husband and I feel that we are the caretakers of the land rather than land owners. We run a grass fed Droughtmaster Stud on our little piece of Paradise and the cattle are a never ending supply of photo opportunities.

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Mareeba Zoo

Mareeba Zoo is closing very soon - within the next 6 weeks - so our photography group went to the zoo for a photo shoot.  I don't know why it has not been popular because it is a fantastic zoo spread out over many hectares.  The public can have breakfast with the lions and also have the opportunity to hand feed the animals (under supervision by the keepers).  Just to name a few animals residing at the zoo there are lions, tigers, cougars, brown bears, many varieties of monkeys, hippopotamus, iguanas and many, many birds.












No comments:

Post a Comment