Monday, May 23, 2022

Day 49 Kununurra, WA

Things didn't go quite to plan today and our trip to the Ord River Irrigation farm did not eventuate.  It's another long story that I won't go into. So not to be discouraged we put our day to good use and washed the car and van both inside and out and have packed away most things to be ready for an early departure tomorrow morning.

Travelling has not curbed my longing to cook up good wholesome meals out of my little kitchen.  Before we had to hand over our fresh food at the quarantine station on the NT/WA border, you may recall I had rather a large cook-up to use up as much vegetable as I could and one of the things I made was a hearty beef stew.  I had also made a quantity of hot water pastry a week or so ago for another recipe, and had frozen what I didn't use. So the obvious choice was to make a beef pie. 

 My tiny little oven in the caravan is hard to adjust temperature wise but the pie turned out pretty darn good and very tasty. It made a large pie and we will get another meal from the mix.


I caught up on some overdue bookwork today.....yes, it follows you no matter where you go 😩.  My friend Kate kindly collected our mail today and would you believe it, one of the letters was a call up to jury service!  I had to fill out a questionnaire giving them the reason why I would not be able to be at the Cairns Court in July, and fortunately you were able to do this online.

Philip and I also did a bit of research into tours available in Broome and already a lot are fully booked.  We have decided against the Horizontal Falls and Montgomery Reef, choosing rather that we will return to the Kimberleys on a cruise (probably the Kimberley Quest) from Darwin to Broome, that takes in those highlights.  Not until 2024 though. 😂

So, apart from a trip to Coles, where the shelves were almost bare of fruit and vegetable, that was our day. Early start tomorrow with our destination being Halls Creek.

This is the GoPro footage from our walk to Kelly's Knob yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment