Monday, May 30, 2022

Day 56 Broome, WA

 Todays post will be short and sweet as I finally found a place to have my laptop serviced but they need it overnight to run the diagnostics.  I’m typing this on the I-Pad and it’s not exactly user friendly when it comes to keyboards.

The predicted showers for this area came in as expected overnight and will be with us for the next couple of days.  The rain has not been heavy though and we would appreciate a downpour to wash some of the dust off the top of our van, particularly the solar panel, as we may need it to be clean for the next couple of stops we have lined up on our journey south if we do free camping. We have extended our stay in Broome another couple of days because the rain has hampered our plans slightly and we will need the extra days to fit in the things we want to do i.e. more walks and definitely more of Cable Beach!

We started our day with a yoga practice. Anyone poking their head in our doorway would have had a bit of a laugh as Philip and I lay side by side on the small floor space we have available in the van and practised “Downward Facing Dog” 😭😭

Next on our agenda was grocery shopping. I just love shopping groceries…….not. Having said that,  the Coles store we visited in Broome’s town centre was one of the best I’ve been in.  Everything seemed to just flow.  It’s the first time that I have been in a Coles store that has ALL the cold goods behind closed doors and I mean everything, including cheese, milk and butter. It’s not a bad idea at all. 

After we arrived home and unpacked the groceries it was time for lunch. I had taken some crumbed steak from the freezer so I boiled up some baby potatoes and tossed them with a creamy mustard dressing and added a few slices of pancetta, grated some beetroot and added orange zest and tossed that with some Vino Cotta and served both dishes alongside the crumbed steak steak and before you could say “bingo” lunch was served. 

This afternoon was the perfect weather to curl up with a good book and later in the day we played a couple of games of Sequence.  I won three out of four games that is a first for me. I usually play this game very poorly as I tend to overthink the game. Right now we are curled up in bed and trying to watch TV but there is so much thick cloud that the satellite dish can’t find a signal so it’s back to our books.



No comments:

Post a Comment