Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Day 30 Darwin NT

 This post will be short and sweet as I my laptop repair wasn’t finished today so I’m using the IPad for this post and it is not the easiest keyboard to use 😩

The first thing we did today was to drop off my laptop and then it was over to Bob Jane for new tyres to be fitted. While this was happening we walked to Causarina Shopping Centre for coffee and donuts. Philip needed new thongs as his beloved ones have finally given up (even after he used wire to hold them together 😂😂😂).  I looked everywhere for a card reader for my Mac but no luck there. I did get a higher capacity SD Card for the GoPro so we will have a trial run with it tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it is going to be a full day with a 5 hour tour that will take us to most of the city’s highlights and a catch-up tomorrow evening with Matt and Lana. Matt was one of Kurt’s friends and has stayed in contact with us over the years. Matt is now a GP with his own practice here in Darwin but as it was the Army who put him through medical school he also has a commitment to them.  They have three kids and the last time we saw them at Julatten, they only had one!

We will also fit in a grocery shop tomorrow as I’m guessing there might not be too much selection at Jabiru where we are heading on Friday. Speaking of food, the one and only “extravagance” that I brought with us on this trip was my bread maker. I’m so pleased I found a space for it because it has been a godsend (and luxury) to wake up to the smell of freshly cooked bread. 



 We are still loving the travel and van life. It is such a simple life. 

What’s not to love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment