Wednesday, January 30, 2019

You have to try this recipe......

My husband gave it a big thumbs up and I have to agree with him.  It was very delicious. I do up a meal plan every Tuesday before I shop groceries on Wednesday.  Last week I added Miso Salmon to Monday's meal plan and as I watched My Kitchen Rules on Sunday night I was surprised to see the two contestants were also cooking Miso Salmon.  My recipe is served with Bok Choy and Mushrooms and the contestants served there's with a black rice salad that looked really delicious so I decided I would add it to my plate.  I used my own Miso Salmon recipe but I think the one the contestants used was very similar.  You could go to the website to check it out HERE. Remember to have all your ingredients prepped and ready before you start and it will come together very quickly.


So here is my recipe.

Maple and Miso Salmon with Asian Greens
(Serves 2)
INGREDIENTS:
2 x 160g salmon fillets, skin removed
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp sesame oil
100g shiitake mushrooms sliced (I used oyster mushrooms)
3 cups roughly chopped bok choy
1 tsp sesame seeds
DIRECTIONS:
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
Score top of each salmon filet about 5mm deep.
In a bowl, stir miso paste, maple syrup and water into a smooth sauce.  Pour over fish.  Heat an ovenproof grill pan and line with a sheet of baking paper.  Cook salmon for 2 minutes on each side.  Transfer the grill pan to the oven and place in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile heat a wok to hot.  Add sesame oil and mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes.  Wash bok choy and toss into wok with mushrooms.  Remove wok from heat while greens are still crisp.




Black Rice Salad
(Serves 2)
(This is my version of MKR's Stacey & Ash's Black Rice Salad)
INGREDIENTS:
1 packet Microwave Black Rice
1 Tsp Grated fresh ginger
Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 Avocado diced into 2cm pieces
2 spring onions thinly sliced
1 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
1 tbsp pepitas, toasted
1/4 cup pickled cucumbers (Baby Mac's recipe is HERE)
DIRECTIONS:
Cook rice in your microwave for 90 secs.  Add to bowl with ginger, lime zest and juice and sesame oil.  Season and toss to mix.  Just before serving toss through pickled cucumber, avocado and seeds.


Divide the Black Rice Salad between two plates and place the salmon on top.  Place Asian Green mix on top of Salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds.  Serve with a wedge of lime. 


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.  Remember to give yourself and pat on the back and congratulate yourself on preparing a meal that is packed full of delicious healthy food that will keep you satiated for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment