Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Birthday Boy


My Sweetheart is 63 today.  We meet when he was 20 so we are now 43 years down the track and married for almost 41 of those years.  It has been one hellava ride and so enjoyable...........most of the time 🙂.
We enjoyed breakfast together and I cooked Philips favourite - Kylie Kwong Eggs.  I also presented Philip with an electric shaver for his birthday present.  It was no surprise for him as we chose it together!

I forgot to buy a card but found this one in my stash.  Goodness knows how old the card is and  which three year old boy I bought it for.  A six in front of the three turned it into a 63 card!



After breakfast we got stuck into our various chores and we were in the shower by 11am to drive down to Port Douglas. We had an appointment with our travel agent at Flight Centre who was able to help us with our numerous travel visas for our upcoming trip and then it was a short drive to the Tin Shed for lunch.
We like eating here, right on the waters edge, and the meals are always spot on.  We broke our detox today by having a beer and glass of bubbly.  We have gone 22 days alcohol free and intend to get straight back into the detox tomorrow but for today - who cares!  Birthdays are for celebrating.


Philip chose the Salt n Pepper Calamari and I chose the house special - Coconut Beef
Curry.  Of course we had fries on the side!

We stopped at the Post Office before heading home and there was a large parcel waiting for us.  How great is this present for Philip from Marco and Suzie. It is now sitting proudly on the wall beside the front door.  Thanks guys!


I am now sitting in front of the TV and "vegging out".  I really want to watch Ash Barty's game tonight that starts around 7pm.  I'm feeling rather tired so hope the game doesn't go too long.  I hope she wins in two straight sets.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment