Saturday, January 5, 2019

Same old Saturday

Every Saturday Philip rises at 4.30 am.  This gives him time to have his coffee, toast, shower and toilet and then make his way down the range to Port to meet up with his cycling buddies.  They start the cycle from Port Douglas and make their way to Cooya Beach, Mossman, Shannonvale and back along the highway to Port.  It is about a 60 km ride.  He enjoys the ride but I think the coffee that they have at the end of the ride at Choo Choo's cafe is the highlight.
I always hear him move about but always manage to go back to sleep to rise at a decent hour, that for me is somewhere between 6.30 and 7.00.  I like my black coffee while I'm still in bed and the best thing we have ever purchased is our Sunbeam Drip Filter Coffee Maker that we can set the night before.  I don't think there is anything better than the smell of coffee wafting through the house.
I try to always get a walk in before breakfast.  I only walk 3km that takes about a half hour. The walk is undulating with one larger hill so it does get my heart rate up. It's the perfect walk for me.
I always try to have a dip in the pool after my walk.  Not only does it cool me down but it's just so relaxing.
After breakfast this morning it was on to the lawn mowing.  I do the push mowing first and then jump on the ride-on for the larger areas.  Philip mows the bulk of the lawns with the zero turn mower.  I stick to my old steering wheel mower.  It feels so much safer!
We were inside by noon for a delicious prawn and salmon salad and then I quickly made a loaf of bread and a pizza as Philip is going fishing tomorrow and needs food! He's never been reef fishing before so it will be interesting to see whether he likes it or loathes it!
It was a glorious day here today and I took this photo of the cattle moving into the paddock beside the house.  This really is paradise.





No comments:

Post a Comment