Thursday, January 3, 2019

Time to clean the Pantry

I have a very small pantry cupboard.  It's entirely my own doing as I thought it would be adequate when we designed the kitchen.  Its not..... but I persevere with it.  Today, after twelve years of neglect, I cleaned the pantry cupboard.  This entailed taking every single item out, cleaning all seven large wire baskets and seven small door baskets.

So much food.  I really have to start eating more from the pantry!

Sorted!
I started at 9am and didn't finish until after midday.  It was a huge job that had me also cleaning another two cupboards to re-arrange some of the most used pantry items. Although it took a lot of elbow grease it is so rewarding when the job is finished.  I found food items that were out of date (by years!) and many items that I didn't even know I had purchased.  I found a half packet of rice bubbles (we don't eat rice bubbles!) so this afternoon they were made into Chocolate Crackles and placed into the freezer for when I have young visitors.



I also made a batch of Passionfruit Curd to use up some of the passionfruit that are in abundance at the moment.  My friend Kate will get a bottle of this 😙.

Lunch today was a very simple affair of Hot Smoked Salmon Cakes with a tossed salad.  A simply prepared meal that was packed full of flavour.  
This afternoon, after a little hand watering,  I planted out some pineapple tops and re-planted some Thai Coriander.  


The garden is looking lovely at the moment after all the rain.  Philip informed me that we had 650mmm of rain during the month of December or 26 inches in the old scale.  That's a LOT of rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment