Sunday, February 10, 2019

A beautiful day in Paradise

So, we have gone from this.......



To this......



We are so grateful that we finally have sunshine.  The country is extremely wet and Philip informed me that he almost bogged himself when he moved the cattle yesterday.  That's never happened in the twelve years that we have lived here.  Thank goodness we didn't have the awful damaging rain that other areas of Queensland have had, and I'm not complaining, but this is our first real day of sunshine in more than a month.
My heart goes out to all those in Townsville who have to face the almost impossible task of cleaning out all that mud from their houses.  What an awful job.
But so much worse than that has been the flood around Julia Creek.  Many of our friends have had huge cattle losses some have lost their entire herd.  I just don't know how they will recover from that disaster and any help we can give them will be appreciated, although they would never ask.
On the home front it has been much of the same.  We have been pretty much house cats for the past month and have been experiencing a little cabin fever.  We go outside each afternoon and throw the ball around for the dogs until the mozzies drive us inside.


And I finally got around to making my beeswax wraps from the kit that Suzie gave me for Christmas. I don't think I would go to the effort again because it is a really messy job but I love the beeswax wraps so I will probably buy them from Suzie when these wear out.





We have still tried to maintain a healthy lifestyle with plenty of exercise and good food.  One of our favourites of late has been Rice Paper Rolls.  We assemble our own and I have a selection of shredded lettuce, cucumber, carrot, avocado, mango and either chicken or prawns all set out for easy assembly. I also make a sweet chilli sauce for dipping. We can only manage to eat three as they are very filling.  They are very delicious, fast to prepare and perfect for lunch after Yoga on Wednesdays.


I have been out and about as much as I can with my new camera.  I need to know the camera inside out before we head away on holidays.......35 days and counting!
I love the detail and clarity in this vignette.....


Judi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment