Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Back to the real world.....

From Sunrise......

To Sunset.......


And everything in between. It's been a busy day.

I started my day with a walk along the jetty at Palm Cove to watch the sunrise.  One lonely fisherman was already on the jetty but I didn't see him catch anything.  The sea was still very choppy courtesy of ex tropical cyclone Penny and the beaches remain closed.


I was back in the camper by 6.30 and by that time Philip had made us a pot of coffee and toast for breakfast.  We had to head home today and we were packed down and on the road by 8.00 am.
We had a stop at the Port Douglas car wash to wash off the salty sea spray


and were home by 10 am.
Once home it was back to the mundane.  You know the drill wash, rinse, repeat.....

Lunch was Turkey San Choy Bow using the leftover turkey from Christmas that I had chopped and frozen. It was a delicious light lunch that was surprisingly filling.


A long nap after lunch, weeding this afternoon and a swim in the pool just before sunset and my day is almost complete.  Before I sign out I want to show you my nails that I had dipped in sparkles for New Years Eve.  I love them!






No comments:

Post a Comment