Sunday, January 6, 2019

A little bit of this and a lot more of that.....

Philip set the alarm for 3.30 a.m. to go on his fishing trip and I never heard a thing!  In fact I didn't wake until 7.00 a.m. and then lay in bed, flicking through social media, until 8.30.


It was a glorious morning (again!) for my morning walk and I stayed in the garden after my walk to do a spot of watering.  The gardener had planted some new plants so it's important to keep the water up for the first couple of weeks.


 I didn't sit down for breakfast, or should I say brunch, until 10 am and enjoyed my favourite, albeit polarising, meal - Sardines on Toast with lemon, parsley and olive oil.


After breakfast it was time to get into my least favourite job of all.  Cleaning the ovens.  After cooking the Christmas Ham, Pork and Turkey my ovens were well and truly in need of attention.  It really didn't take that long.  I sprayed them heavily with oven cleaner and came back about an hour later and the grease really just wiped straight off.  It's actually quite a satisfying job to see the ovens all sparkling clean once again.



I had a visit from our friends Joan and Betty this afternoon.  They had spent the morning at Mt Lewis and wanted to show me the photos they took of some of the remarkable birdlife that inhabits the area.  They were also telling me that they came across a large red belly black snake on the path they were following that, as per usual with this snake, was very docile. Joan said she threw a couple of sticks at it to move it on and it just looked at her.  It took a very large stick to finally move it out of their path. I would have been freaking out if I was with them.
As I write this I am waiting for Philip to arrive home with hopefully a good haul of Coral Trout. I will let you know tomorrow how he went.  I also have the television on SBS watching the Indian Pacific journey from Perth to Adelaide.  It's actually quite interesting because this trip is on our bucket list.  There is no commentary whatsoever in this documentary but I am enjoying it immensely.  Who would've thought.  Oh!  The Train Driver just spoke.  It frightened the bejesus out of me!



No comments:

Post a Comment