Monday, September 12, 2022

Day 161 Busselton, WA

The day started warm and sunny enough for us to do another hour long walk along the oceanfront but by 2pm the clouds rolled in and the rain began.  It is just light rain at the moment but the BOM is predicting heavy falls tomorrow.  Today we decided to have an easy day without any touring as we have had two driving days in a row

When we arrived home from our walk we were very hungry as we had both skipped dinner last night after our late and filling lunch yesterday.  So Philip cooked us up a breakfast of Bacon, Eggs, Grilled Tomato all on our little WeberQ.  That little bar-b-que has been with us for almost ten years, right back to when we were serious "campers" in our little slide-on camper.  Today of course we are "caravaners".  There is a BIG difference 😂.

After breakfast we showered and headed into town to pick up a few groceries from Coles.  The Coles centre had a Best & Less shop so we ducked into there to pick up some socks for Philip and a pair of replacement Jeggings for me.  The elastic in my faithful old Jeggings gave way a couple of weeks ago and there is no way to repair them unfortunately.  However I was able to pick up the identical pair in Best and Less for $25.  I also grabbed a puffer jacket vest on a throw-out table for $10.  I'm annoyed that I didn't bring the one I have sitting in the cupboard back home at Palm Cove as they are very versatile when I am walking and it is not cold enough for a full puffer jacket.  I am in love with the colour....

When we arrived home Philip decided to go for a long bike ride while I cooked up a storm in my little kitchen.  I made another batch of Toasted Muesli that Philip enjoys by the handful and I have it for breakfast topped with berries and yoghurt.  It is a great recipe and so easy to throw together.  The hardest part is remembering to stir it while it is toasting in the oven.
You might remember me telling you all about the oranges and mandarins that we picked up a roadside stall when we drove the Collie Mural Trail.  There were about a dozen of each to a bag so we have rather a lot of fruit to eat.  

I decided to make my Orange Almond Cake that uses two oranges so that the fruit supply does not look too daunting.  This is another really simple recipe with just a handful of ingredients.  It is supposed to have an orange syrup poured over it when it comes out of the oven but I don't worry about this.  It just adds extra sugar to a cake that doesn't really need it.  Perhaps if you were using it for a dessert the orange syrup would be needed.

I forgot to mention that when we were in Coles this morning I stumbled upon these packing bags.  We use these bags all the time in the caravan and we had purchased some replacements when we were in Perth from Kathmandu.  What a rip-off they were compared to these bags at Coles that cost just $8 for a pack of three!  I bought two packs....
Nothing else to report today as we are simply enjoying a lovely quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment