Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Day 155 Karrinyup, Perth, WA

Well, the weather has not improved and in fact it rained quite heavily for most of the night and now we have very strong winds blowing.  ***Sigh****.  So after a bit of discussion we decided to head to the movies.  Philip has no desire to drive very far with the problems we are having with the vehicle and I totally understand that.  The damage can go from a hundred dollar job to thousands of dollars if we blow a CV Joint.

I booked a morning matinee at the Hoyts theatre in Karrinyup Shopping Centre starting at 11.15am so we arrived nice and early and while Philip settled down to a Cappuccino I headed to the bag shop where I had eyed off a leather back-pack on my last trip to the shopping centre.  This is my third back-pack this trip.  I started off with the leather back pack that we bought in Italy but it started pulling away at the seams and needs stitching.  So before it went too far I retired it and will have it repaired when we get back to Cairns. I then picked up another back-pack at K-Mart for the princely sum of $15.  It has now started falling apart (surprise! surprise!) so I'm hoping that the one I bought today will last a lot longer.

My shopping took me a whole twenty minutes so I went back to where Philip was waiting at the coffee shop and we made our way to the theatre.  Of course you cannot watch a movie without Popcorn and I am pleased that we made the purchase because the movie didn't finish until after 2.00pm. Once inside the theatre we were in for a very pleasant experience as all of the seats in the theatre are recliners, so it was legs up for me.


The movie we were here to watch was "Elvis".  I am one of Elvis Presleys greatest fans.....well I do have the greatest hits 😂, but this movie made me want to go and purchase a whole lot more of his albums.  He had a beautiful voice and it is tragic that he died at just 42 years of age.  I cried at the end when they ran a clip of one of his very last performances when he sang "I Need Your Love".  OMG.! That Voice! To be honest I was probably a bit young to really appreciate Elvis and all this gyrations that sent women wild. It seems strange to say that, but he was born in 1935 and I was born in 1957 and he died in 1977 before I was even married.  The movie is great and I give it a 4/5.  It was a bit slow to get started otherwise I would have given it a 5/5.

Yesterday afternoon when we had a mini break in the weather we walked down to the caravan parks lake.  When we arrived three weeks ago we noticed two black swans living on the lake but for a little while we didn't see them.  It wasn't until we drove past a couple of days ago that we noticed them again with babies!  The swans are very quiet but there is a barrier set up to stop people getting too close to them.  I think the male could be aggressive if he was provoked.  The female was sitting on the large nest when we arrived and the male was busy strengthening the nest with extra reeds.  We thought that maybe they could sense that there was going to be some heavy rain coming.  But that's just a guess.  While we were there two little cygnets popped out from under mum's wing.  They are just so cute and adorable.  They swam around for a little while before quickly climbing back up into the nest and the warmth of mum's wing.  It was beautiful to watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment