Friday, September 2, 2022

Day 151 Karrinyup, (Chinta Restaurant), Perth, WA

 Our friend Henry invited us to brunch with him today at Chinta Cafe.  He also very kindly offered to pick us up and take us there for which we are very grateful.  Even though we are getting to know Perth quite well it is still difficult sometimes to negotiate our way around and also to find a car park.  Right on the dot of the pre-arranged pick up time of 9.30 Henry arrived at our caravan park.  

We chatted all the way to the restaurant, as old friends do, and in no time at all we were outside Chinta Cafe.  This place is very unique because it was in fact an old mechanics garage that has been beautifully renovated into a truly lovely area.  



As we walked in through the front door the first thing I spotted to the left was a shop full of fantastic wares from clothes to books to ornaments.  We were a little early for our breakfast reservation so the menfolk kindly allowed me to browse for a short while.  It took all my willpower but I refrained from buying anything....

Once I had finished my window shopping we were shown to our table and presented with our menu's.  There were so many delicious dishes to choose from on the menu but I decided to go with the Croissant Benedict with smoked Salmon and Brie while both the men choose the Shark Bay Crab Omelette. As usual I ordered a pot of English Breakfast tea, black with no sugar and as per usual it arrived with a dainty little jug of milk!  It happens at every single restaurant even though I specify "black".  It's not a problem really, it's just that I hate waste. But having said that, to have my tea arrive in the most beautiful fine china teapot and being able to pour it into a "proper" fine china teacup was beyond expectations.  How much better does the tea taste when is it sipped from a beautiful teacup!


It literally took minutes for our meal to arrive. It was probably longer but we were having such a great chat that it felt like minutes!  As the meals were placed in front of us I just knew this was going to be something special and it turns out I was absolutely correct in my assumption.  My meal (and Philip's) could not be faulted.  After my undercooked egg experience last week I asked the waitress to ask the chef if I could have a runny egg with the white cooked.  It was perfect and the whole meal was delicious.



Henry would not allow us to pay for brunch (this is a family thing - yes I'm looking at you Mikki 😜) but we are so grateful for the gesture.  After brunch we went for a little drive past our young friends beautiful home in Shakespeare Street.  The street has been zoned by council into a 30kmh street so that families can enjoy their street without the risk of kids being hit by speeding motorists.  This is a terrific initiative that I wish more councils would consider.

After Henry had dropped us back safely to our caravan park I decided to spend some retail time at Karrinyup Shopping Centre.  Philip drove me the short distance to the shopping centre and we decided that I would call an Uber when I was ready to come home.  It suited us both as we all know how much my darling husband loveeessss shopping 😩.

I ended up staying at Karrinyup for almost four hours and walked a total of six kilometres!  I purchased two items for a grand total of $50.  Philip doesn't understand how I can "window shop" and not buy anything and it is hard to explain but, to put it simply, I shop ideas not physical items.  As soon as I see something I like I picture my own wardrobe and how I can imitate the idea.  By doing this I purchase very little and in fact most purchases are accessories.  Sometimes I take a photo of a mannequin so I can refer back to the idea.


So that was my day.  I'm actually feeling a little under the weather with a bit of a head cold that I picked up after our day trip to Wave Rock.  There was a lady sitting behind us who coughed and spluttered the whole day and even though she wore a mask it was inevitable in the confined space of a mini-bus that you will pick up a germ or two.  We have made half a plan to meet up with Henry for lunch tomorrow at the Windsor Hotel but I think we will finalise the plan after we see how we feel tomorrow morning. xx





No comments:

Post a Comment