Friday, October 14, 2022

Day 193 Peaceful Bay, WA

It has been a R & R day (rest and recuperate) day for me.  Not so much for Philip who had to be in Denmark by 8am to have the car serviced.  I spent the morning resting in bed and calling my girlfriends that took almost two hours!  

I treasure the friends that I have, and have had, since my Julia Creek days.  They have seen me through some incredibly tough times and even when I distanced myself from ALL my friends (that I see now as a survival instinct - don't get close to anybody so you don't feel the pain of losing them) they still stuck by me.  How great is it to have them in my life and I love each and everyone of them (you know who you are ;-)

After the long phone calls, I completed an hour long yoga practice that my body was needing. My balance has been very "off" the last couple of weeks and I attribute that to lack of yoga.  (Note to myself.  Practice yoga at least three times a week.)  I always finish yoga with a feeling of serenity and balance that I think every body needs.  

While I was enjoying my morning, Philip was in Denmark having the car serviced.  He also had a bit of "me" time.  He found a barber to get a much needed haircut and he was thrilled that the barber he found would also trim his eyebrows!  Not all barbers offer this service and it was also the cheapest barber he had found on this trip.  $18 for the full service!

I skipped breakfast this morning as it was almost eleven o'clock by the time I finished yoga and started prepping our lunch.  I had some pumpkin that I needed to use as well as some sausages.  I found a recipe that used both ingredients - Pumpkin & Sausage Curry.  It was one of the most unusual curries I had ever made with ingredients such as honey, orange juice and cream cheese, but it just seemed to work.  The curry had a depth of flavour that is very hard to come by and so incredibly enjoyable on the palate.  Usually it is the heat you get in a curry before anything else.  I must admit to changing a couple of things in the recipe.  For example I used half a jar of red curry paste (leftover) and no curry powder and also swapped mandarin juice for orange (that's all I had).  I also fried off the curry paste with the vegetables before adding any of the remaining ingredients.  Oh, and I used a full small tin of Ayam Coconut Milk. The only thing I might have added in hindsight is baby beans or baby spinach. Anyway here is the link to the recipe Pumpkin & Sausage Curry. 



Yesterday afternoon Philip and I walked to the lookout behind the caravan park here at Peaceful Bay.  I questioned how it could be much of a lookout, as Peaceful Bay is right on the waters edge with very few high points, but nonetheless we decided to check it out.  The first thing that greets you on the ascent is the wonderful array of seaside themed mobiles that adorn the edge of the path.  They are fantastic and would have taken many painstaking hours to assemble them.



There are over seventy steps to reach the top of the lookout but the views are beyond expectations. It also proves how small Peaceful Bay is when we find that we are looking down on our caravan (we are the closest van with the grey awning) and can not see a single other van let alone house!
Peaceful Bay is one of the loveliest places we have stayed.  There are hardly any vans in the caravan park so we virtually have the place to ourselves.  You can see from the photo just how private it really is and how close we are to the ocean.  Yesterday wasn't the day to take photos of the bay because it was so cloudy, but I did take some photos when we first arrived here so here so here they are for you to also see what a gorgeous place this is.  The locals are fond of saying....."Shhhhh.  Don't tell anybody otherwise they will all flock here."



Tomorrow we pack up the van and head to Albany.  We will have three nights here to enable us to see the Albany Whaling Museum as well as taking  a walk to "The Gap and Natural Bridge".   From Albany it is a slow journey eastwards towards Esperance and then the great Nullabor that I am particularly looking forward to seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment