Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Apple versus Choko

Our vine is laden with chokos.
Everyone knows that you can substitute the humble choko for apples, right?  There was a lot of talk about this subject some years ago when MacDonalds introduced their hot apple slice .....how yummy were they! I wonder if they still make them? Anyway, back to the subject, there was a lot of talk about  chokos being used instead of apple in the little slices of delight.
I have substituted choko many times in my apple pies, apple crumble, apple/rhubarb compote, in fact anytime a recipe says apple I think choko.  This is of course when I have them growing in abundance as I do at the moment.
The humble choko
I stumbled across this recipe on a blog hop and I decided to try it.  It sounded very, very easy and I am here to tell you that it is also extremely delicious!

Apple Slice

Ingredients:
3 Apples (substitute choko) peeled and cut into 1cm dice
125g butter, melted
2 cups SR Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 egg
Cinnamon Sugar 

Method:
Combine the chopped apples (choko), SR flour and sugar and combine well.  Add the melted butter and egg and stir to combine very well.
Put into a lined slice tray and push down firmly.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

How easy is that!

The mixed ingredients before baking

The end result!





No comments:

Post a Comment