Friday, June 3, 2022

Day 60, Broome, WA

Another relaxing day for us with a yoga practice in the morning followed by a drive to Cable Beach for a couple of hours at this very beautiful place.  We once again hired sun lounges and an umbrella and settled in with a good book.  Philip took to the water straight away but he wasn't in for long before he returned and  pronounced it just a tad too cool, even for him.  I was content to just lay in the sun with the breeze blowing gently across the sand but eventually I decided to brave the water, and yes, it was very cold!

We stayed for a couple of hours before hunger got the better of us and we returned to the van to cook up a stir fry for lunch, washed down with a couple of Matso's Mango Beer.  For some unknown reason I didn't sleep very well last night so after lunch I lay down for a nanny nap.  I knew that I would need to do this otherwise I would fall asleep at the movies.

Can we talk about Tom Hanks for a moment.  You either love him or hate him but after watching him in "Top Gun - Maverick" at the movies this evening I am 100% in love with him again.  The movie is fan-bloody-tastic!  If you enjoyed "Top Gun", some 36 years ago, you are going to love the sequel.  It is full of action, as you would expect, with just a little drama and a bit of romance thrown in for good luck.  If you get the chance, go and see it.  

The one hundred year old outdoor Sun Theatre, with its sling back canvas chairs, evoked memories of the outdoor movie theatre that was in Julia Creek when I first moved there in 1977.  It could be it's twin sister and I dare say there were outdoor theatres just like it right across Australia.  I had to jiggle around in my seat quite a bit to see the screen but taking the pillow helped.  We munched on the obligatory popcorn during the movie and it was the freshest and crunchiest popcorn I have ever eaten.  Mind you, I now have a pain in the belly from eating it, but it was worth every mouthful.




It's actually quite late but I'm too hyped up to sleep. However, I will have to sign off now, as we have another early tour tomorrow and I need to try and get my beauty sleep.  Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment