Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 5 - Evergreen

Today Philip and I headed in different directions.  Philip was going to help Marco cut up a killer and Suzie and I were headed to Maleny for a bit of relaxation in the form of a 1.5hour facial.  This was my birthday present from M & S and I was very much looking forward to it.
Suzie and I left at 8.30 to take the 2hour drive to Maleny.  Our facials were at Spicers Day Spa and what a lovely place it was.  



My beautician, Sarah, pampered me and had my face tingling with freshness and vitality.  I think I may have even snored at one stage. That is a sure sign of complete relaxation.
After our facials were headed to downtown Maleny to have a lovely lunch and then shop some cheeses in the little Fromagerie adjoining the café where we lunched.  I even picked up a bottle “A Fu@#ng Good Port” for my son to enjoy.
We arrived home at 4.00 pm to find the men still cutting up meat!  I remember those days like they were yesterday.  I never did like the smell of fresh meat but I knew the cutting up would never get done by itself so it was all hands on deck.
Before dinner Marco and I took a drive to feed the chooks and the Maremmas.  I really love these white dogs even though they are huge and their size can be very scary.  However these whities are very calm and sociable.

The chook house



Tonight Marco cooked us a meal on the BBQ using some of the fresh rump steak and I reckon it might have been the best steak I have ever eaten.  Suzie and I made a couple of salads to go with the steak and it was oh so delicious. The Maremmas paid us a visit after dinner whilst they were doing their rounds of the property. They are nocturnal dogs and keep a very good job and keeping away the dingos and foxes.





It was another lovely day at “Evergreen” and tomorrow we will pack up and head over to Toowoomba to visit my mum.





No comments:

Post a Comment