Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Giving the new Cookware a good workout!

I was invited to a Chefs Toolbox Masterclass Cooking demonstration in December.  Being an unabashed foodie I was excited! As soon as I walked in and saw the display of cookware I knew I was going to be hooked.  The demonstrator, Marie, cooked us a Risotto in the pressure cooker and then a sticky date pudding in the sauté pan.  The food was delicious but the non stick of the cookware was, for me, the winner.  I booked a party straight away.  I needed to replace my ageing cookware and this seemed a great way of doing it.  I ended up having a "virtual" party.  What this meant is that I took orders via internet and email and one very kind friend booked a follow-up party.  Because of this I was able to purchase one item for $15!  I chose the Wok with Steamer and lid.  I also purchased the sauté pan, grill pan and two different size saucepans.  From the first party I purchased a small frypan, a set of silicon spatulas and the wooden chopping board.  I am so pleased with all my purchases.  The cookware reminds me of Bessemer that was around when I was just a kid.  I believe my mother still has a Bessemer pan.  I think the non stick has probably worn off but other than that it is still in good order.
Today I cooked up Chicken with Fetta and Zucchini Noodles - recipe HERE.  The new sauté pan made it very easy and the best thing is.....no pot scrubbing after!  Chefs Toolbox recommend that you don't put the pot in the dishwasher and simply wipe over when you have finished cooking.  It works for me!
My friends party is in a couple of weeks time and I intend rounding off my collection with the stockpot and hopefully the set will last me for many years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment