Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Eco Wipes

I'll let you into a secret.  I really dislike house cleaning.  But the thing I dislike more than house cleaning is not having a clean house.  The Virgo in me really likes my life to be organised and I have certain days to do certain things.  Monday bookwork, Tuesday Yoga and grocery shopping, Wednesday washing, Thursday Yoga and ironing and Friday is house cleaning.  Friday is the day I look forward to the least.
I try and find the quickest and easiest ways to clean the house and have found that disposable wipes are very good for a quick clean.  The only thing that has worried me is that they are not very eco friendly.  So when I found a post on Facebook about making your own wipes I was immediately interested.  The only thing I needed to buy was the essential oils....lavender, lemon and tea tree.     They cost $10 per bottle but as you only need a few drops of each one they will last  many months.  
I made the first mix last Friday for my cleaning day and the aroma was absolutely beautiful.  Even Philip commented on the smell.  I wiped down every surface in kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom and toilets.  My house smelt divine!  And the big win......the ants that I have had in plague proportions....have disappeared.  Apparently they dislike the smell of lemon.  Who would have guessed.
Anyway, for anyone interested, this is the mix.

2 cups distilled water (I simply boiled my rainwater)
1 cup white vinegar
5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
6 wash cloths

Simply roll up the cloths and put them into a wide mouthed jar and pour over the mix.  How easy is that!  As you dirty the cloths just wash them and put them back into the jar straight from the washing machine.  Give them a go.  I'm sure you will be impressed.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing both of those Judi .. the Brazilian Beef looks fabulous and I am definitely going to try those eco wipes!

    ReplyDelete