Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Brazilian Hot Beef

Shortly after Philip and I were married in 1978 we meet a lovely couple from a neighbouring property who had migrated from Brazil.  We became firm friends and even though they moved away from the district we have still maintained our friendship.  We often had meals at each others place and I really loved how much they embraced their beef.   The Brazilians consume about four times the amount of beef per year than we do here in Australia and yet they are one of the healthiest nations on earth.  Food for thought.
When I was watching one of the cooking shows last week the chef made Brazilian Hot Beef.  It looked exactly the same as our friends use to make so I quickly jotted down the recipe and the next day I made it for lunch.  It was fantastic but of course it helps to have good quality grass fed beef as your main ingredient!  Our friends would have served this with Brazilian Rice but I served it with Broccolini, Roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato. HERE is the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment