Thursday, October 12, 2023

Swan Hill Laser Light Show

You may recall me telling you that we were going to the "Heartbeat of the Murray" Laser Light Show as a fond farewell to Swan Hill.  I just had to write about it as it has been one of the highlights of this trip.

The show didn't start until 8.30 and that is late for Philip and I who are in bed by 7 most nights :-) so in order to fill in time, we walked to one of the local clubs for a counter tea.  I ordered the Pork Loin and vegetables and thought I would be getting a couple of slices of pork, but have a look at what they put in front of me.  Two huge chunks of pork that I had not a hope in hell of eating, but plenty of vegetables that were delicious.  I swapped my chips for Philips roast potatoes and gave him one of those chunks of pork and it was perfect.  

We then walked to the Laser Light Show but detoured to the bridge that crossed the Murray River.  The bridge is one lane and as we had to cross it on our journey to Hay we wanted to see if there was a "give way" sign on the other side (there was).  It was that lovely time of the day - golden hour as photographers call it - just before the sun goes down when we were on the bridge so it was a perfect time for a couple of photographs.

Now, to the Laser Light Show, or should I call it Laser Light and Water show.  As you know, the laser light has to project on to something and as we are sitting on the banks of the Murray River there is only the trees on the other side, so how do they overcome this?  Water!  Huge fountains of water and the spray from the water under very high pressure causes a sheet of mist for the laser projection.  It is both wonderful and amazing to see and photos can't do it justice, but here goes.



After the show we walk back through the Swan Hill Heritage Village and it looks so different, and lovely, at night when it is lit.  What a great ending to our time in Swan Hill.





No comments:

Post a Comment