Saturday, July 15, 2023

Gundiah to Leyburn

The day before we left Gundiah, Wednesday, we went out to help Marco muster in his breeders.  I only came along for the last part of the muster as I am not keen on the very steep hills you have to traverse to get to the cattle. So, by the time I got back in the vehicle the cattle were almost in the house paddock that lead to the yards.




The breeders are a fine line of drought masters and I'm pleased that all the time that Philip and I put into the drought master stud at Kuramar has paid off.  You may remember, if you have been reading this blog for a long time, that we sent the whole stud to Marco a few years back.


After we had finished mustering the cattle, Marco took us down to the orchard where the chooks are living. We fed the Maremma's while we were feeding the chooks.  Boy they are big dogs.  
We always love coming back to Evergreen. Philip loves the physical work of being in and amongst the cattle and I just love the vast open space.  


We didn't leave Evergreen until mid morning Thursday as we only had a few hundred kilometres to drive to our friends place at Leyburn, where we are now set up.  This is another place that I love and it is always a joy to sit and talk to old friends about old times.  We have been taking some long walks each morning and it has been invigorating as it has been quite cold.  Leyburn doesn't change much from year to year but I think that is what I like about it.







Next stop......Toowoomba.

No comments:

Post a Comment