Saturday, November 26, 2022

Day 236 Toowoomba, Qld

Toowoomba Motor Village has to be one of the quietest caravan parks we have stayed in.  We are nestled at the bottom of the park up against West Creek.  We have no neighbours in front of us or to our left so it is a very private spot.  Because it is so quiet we both slept in till almost 7am.  I cannot remember the last time we slept that late.

We picked mum up at 9am to drive out to Pittsworth to my Aunty and Uncles farm - "Hawthorn".  It took us around an hour but it is an easy drive.  I just love driving around the Darling Downs.  The wheat fields are all looking fantastic and harvesting has begun.  The rich black soil can be seen in paddocks that have been left fallow and it is so incredibly green.  I have said it before, and I'll say it again, we have seen Australia at its absolute finest on this journey.

Aunty Ann and Uncle Kenny were there to greet us as soon as we pulled into the driveway and from that moment until we left many hours later it was non stop chatter.  Aunty Norma and Uncle Barry arrived around lunch time with a whole lot more news about their recent move from near the Sunshine Coast to Cambooya.  Life is good for everybody.  I neglected to get any photos today that is very unusual for me and something I regret because we get together so very rarely.  

We were back in Toowoomba by 3.30 and after a little nanny nap Philip and I took ourselves on a long walk along West Creek.  It is such a lovely walk and there were many people enjoying parties at all available picnic tables.  We even walked past a young couple with their little one having Christmas photos taken under the shady trees.  The photographer had a lot of Christmas props lined up so the photos would have been lovely.



It feels so good to be back into our summer clothes again.  The day was perfect at around 34 degrees and the mornings have warmed up considerably.  Tomorrow my youngest sister and my niece and her two children are driving up to Toowoomba from Beaudesert to pick up mums car. My niece lives on the Gold Coast and last week had her car stolen.  It has been a devastating blow for them but its great that mum is giving them her car.  Mum no longer drives and is very happy for Jaime-Lea to have it so it is a win/win.  They will be arriving for lunch so I imagine it will be another talkfest.  I'm excited.....

No comments:

Post a Comment