Thursday, November 3, 2022

Day 213 Streaky Bay (Scenic Drives), SA

Well, what a difference a day makes.  Today Streaky Bay really turned it on for us as far as magnificent weather goes.  Sunshine and warmth with hardly a breeze.  It didn't stay that way ALL day but I'm not complaining....





 The remaining two scenic drives were on our agenda for today. The first drive was the one that was called Cape Bauer Loop Drive and Philip and I agreed that it was the most scenic out of the three drives.  We had soaring cliffs against the backdrop of an ocean with all the shades of blue.  We descended and ascended many many steps to get the best views but it was well worth it.  



We came across the sign pointing to the whistling rocks and blowholes and were totally blown away by the thunderous sound the blowholes were making.  There wasn't any Seaspray coming out of the blowholes but you need the combination of high tide and wind for that to happen.  Philip took a GoPro of the blowholes and you can really hear the sound on that footage.  I loved it.


This photo was taken at the lookout landing above the blowholes.  The waves do actually reach this high point as you can see by the damage to the posts. 





Once we had completed the Cape Bauer Loop Drive we made our way to the beginning of the Westall Way Loop Drive.  This drive is nowhere near as spectacular but what was great about this drive was the massive sand dunes.  My goodness.  They really do devour everything in their way on their movement inland.  Scary really.  The cliffs are not as high or as spectacular along this drive and the weather had turned cloudy again but nonetheless it was still worth the drive.







At Point Westall we stopped to watch three surfboard riders tackle the waves.  If I was a surfer I would think that these waves were pretty amazing.  The waves just seem to roll in forever.  A surfers dream I guess but those sharks and rocks would worry me......
This is our last day in Streaky Bay.  I went to the hairdresser this afternoon and my hair looks and feels amazing!  It really needed the love.  Tomorrow we head to Port Lincoln.  I have already warned Philip that we will be eating out for lunch every day while we are here.  I am craving the seafood. I'm thinking Oysters, King George Whiting and Tuna sashimi......

No comments:

Post a Comment