Sunday, September 22, 2019

What's been happening.....

It's been fairly quiet around here the last week.  Philip arrived home from PNG last Thursday and has been detoxing ever since!  Apparently a lot of food and alcohol were consumed....not surprisingly...
It still doesn't quite feel like spring as the mornings have been cool and the wind comes up each day around 9.30 that keeps daytime temperatures low.  We have managed a couple of swims in the pool in the evening when the wind dies down. Even though the pool water is heated - blissfully - it's not enjoyable sitting in the pool when the wind is blowing throughout the day.
I've been trying some new recipes that were absolutely sensational even if I do say so myself.  The first one I tried is from the Everyday Gourmet television show.  It was baked rib bones with a green bean and tomato salad.  It's a hard dish to photograph so you just have to imagine how good it tasted....


The next day I made Caramel Chicken with Pickled Carrot salad from Marions Kitchen website.  It was also another winner and certainly a keeper....


At the moment I have a crockpot of Beef Barbacoa simmering away.  This is a mexican dish so I am going to char grill some corn cobs and serve the beef, corn and avocado in a soft tortilla.  Tomorrow I am going to have the leftover Barbacoa as a Budha Salad Bowl.
Did I mention that my very clever husband has installed a watering system through the garden?  It is going to save us hours of shifting hoses and it works a treat.  The garden is evenly watered throughout the wee small hours of the morning before the wind gets up and the garden is loving it.  I took a wander through the garden yesterday afternoon with my camera in hand.  It is a mass of spring colour at the moment.







Well my friends, that's a wrap for this week.  Take care xx


No comments:

Post a Comment