Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October already.....

Where does the time go?  Too fast for my liking!  I really do try hard to blog once a week but so much seems to get in the way lately.  I really must set my priorities.
So what have we been up to in the past couple of weeks.
Last Friday we joined our friends for Reef Feast Longest Lunch at the very picturesque Palm Cove.  Chefs Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet and Nick Hollaway, owner of Nu Nu Restaurant treated us to a menu packed with delicious and diverse courses all encompassing local produce of which we in the tropics are so lucky to have a great variety of.


The lunch is usually set up outside on the beachfront but unfortunately the wind and rain meant that the tables had to be quickly moved inside Nu Nu Restaurant.  It didn't make any difference to the atmosphere though. It was very cheerful made more so by the numerous glasses of bubbles that were consumed. I was looking forward to seeing Justine and how amazing was it that she talked to every single person at the lunch and didn't mind having her photo taken hundreds of times.  What a bright and bubbly lady she is!  What you see on TV is what you get with Justine.




We stayed the night in Palm Cove with our friends.  I can't wait for the day when we are living in Port Douglas and we can have them stay with us for various functions in Port.  We will all have the best of both worlds!
I have been busy preserving the copious amount of tomatoes that we have grown this year.  We ended up pulling out three cherry tomato plants but still have three more producing. So far I have made big batches of Tomato Relish, Pickled Tomatoes, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Pasatta.  Every morning we have been throwing cherry tomatoes in the frypan with our bacon and eggs that are just so delicious!  And still they grow!


The spinach is almost finished but I have come up with some ingenious ways of using it.  This "Gozleme Lasagne" was enhanced with the addition of spinach...


I have harvested all the carrots and some of the daikon radish so I have been thinking of ways to use them.  I made a Japanese Coleslaw for lunch through the week that was simply grated carrot, Daikon and sliced cabbage dressed with a mixture of Rice Wine Vinegar and sugar.  I then added sliced capsicum and toasted sesame seeds and tossed lightly.  I served this alongside some crumbed steak and it was both delicious and healthy.


I have just finished reading the book "You'd better put some Ice on that", which is what Bill Clinton said to Juanita Broaddrick after he raped her.


The book is Juanita's autobiography and as she says she didn't want to make it all about the rape because she also had a very interesting life until the Clinton's - both Bill and Hilary- changed her life forever.  In her book, Juanita briefly touches on Whitewater....the scandal that surrounded the Clintons in a real estate deal.  It's worth having a look at this timeline written by the Washington Post.  All I can say is thank goodness the world was spared from having Hilary Clinton as President.

Well folks, that's a wrap for this week.  After all the climate change alarmists taking front and centre stage this past few weeks this is what I say...



No comments:

Post a Comment