Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A post wedding luncheon.

I unfortunately can't post any photos of the wedding that we attended just over a week ago.  The bride and groom asked that no private photographs be taken or anything posted on social media.  I didn't actually like not taking any photos....the photographer in me I guess, but I totally understand the social media thing.  I have been to a couple of wedding where photos of the bride and groom have been posted to Facebook and Twitter before the wedding had ended!  It is all getting a bit out of control.
The day after the wedding my daughter-in-law and I decided to do a post wedding lunch for anyone that wanted to come.  Open invitation.  We ended up with about twenty for lunch which is a nice number.   Suzie and I made lots of yummy salads to go with the steak and sausages that Philip cooked on the Bar-B-Que.  It was a lovely easy going day with plenty of time to relax and talk to our friends. We got to meet the latest addition to the Beach extended family.....little Ada Elaine.  She is just six weeks old and a lovely placid baby.
I also got to spend time with the lovely Mikki and her delightful daughter and Husband.  Marco partnered Mikki for the Cathedral School Debutante Ball waaaayyy back in 1998 in believe and when we started talking it just seemed like yesterday.  I'm always amazed at how friendships are like that.  You just seem to pick up where you left off.
Here are some photos from the day.

Ada Elaine

Mikki and I

No comments:

Post a Comment