Thursday, April 25, 2013

Anzac Day

I'm spoilt for choice as to how to celebrate Anzac Day.  There are Dawn services in both Mossman and Mt. Molloy and parades in Port Douglas and Mt. Molloy.  I intended to go to the parade at Mt. Molloy but I had an unexpected phone call from my son and DIL to say that they were going to be in Cairns and would I like to have lunch with them.  Would I ever!  We met at Salthouse at the Pier in Cairns and had a delicious lunch that was over all to soon.  I couldn't have had a nicer Anzac Day.
On the way home I stopped at Ellis Beach to see what photo opportunities might be available.  Not much unfortunately at 3.00 pm, but I did enjoy watching this gentleman with his "best friend"  the red dog.  They were both so comfortable just sitting in the shade on the beach watching the waves roll in.




No comments:

Post a Comment