Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Day 92 Exmouth, WA

After our big day yesterday we had a nice quiet one today. I caught up on all the washing, including bedding then attacked the shower recess.  I don't know whether I mentioned that the water at Coral Bay was salty bore water.  It was awful water and the glass in the shower was covered in white water marks.  I tried to clean it off with elbow grease but had to bring in the big guns and use CLR.  Once I started cleaning I couldn't seem to stop so everything in the van got a good going over.  It is now sparkling!!

After the big clean we drove to the Caravan Superstore here in Exmouth to see if we could get a replacement power lead.  Our power lead got shortened by about two metres when we were at Eighty Mile Beach. We both took blame for not checking where the power lead was lying before retracting the levelling legs and the lead got caught up in the legs and cut it in half.  Fortunately we had disconnected from power otherwise it might have been a very bad situation.  The caravan shop had the right length lead and we also purchased a side privacy screen, more to block wind than anything else.  We both commented that Exmouth will thank us for being here.  We have spent a lot of money in this little town and there are hundreds more of us all doing the same thing.

After the caravan shop we headed over to IGA to restock a few pantry items.  It was a very expensive shop for the small amount of groceries that I had in the trolley but Exmouth is a long way from anywhere so transport costs must be formidable.  Once we were back home and groceries unpacked I made us a toasted muesli for breakfast.  I don't usually eat cereal as I can't tolerate milk but muesli topped with yoghurt and berries is perfect for my gut.


So that's our day in a nutshell.  Tomorrow will be another adventurous day with an 8km hike along the Badjirrajirra Loop Trail that starts at Charles Knife Gorge, around ten kilometres south of Exmouth.  It is a grade 4 walk so I'm not sure how I'll go but Philip has promised me we will turn around if the going gets too tough.  


No comments:

Post a Comment