Saturday, October 19, 2013

A little too much Protein!

I roasted a turkey breast for dinner last night and decided to have asparagus and sugar snap peas as an accompaniment.  For some reason, and don't ask me why because I never usually do this, I decided that I would de-pod the larger sugar snap peas.  I picked out a handful and was almost finished when I found this.......


Yep.  A grub.  Now, I love my protein, but I'm really not into this type of protein!  If I had not been de-podding my peas I would never have found this little chap and would most certainly have gobbled it down and probably never even knew what I was eating.  So the moral to this little story is to check all your vegetables for any blemishes, i.e. holes in sugar snap peas like this............


I only saw this little hole after I found the grub so I will be more observant next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment