Friday, June 14, 2013

Brazilian Red Cloak Flower

Yesterdays photo challenge at Fat Mum Slim was "Kitchen" so I went out into the garden and picked some flowers to give my white kitchen a bit of colour.
I cut some flowers from a beautiful bush that I have in my garden. It has a lovely red flower  and I've been calling the bush a Brazilian Torch.  But a google search showed that this was not its name.  So I   asked my gardener and the knowledgeable person that she is, informed me that it is a Brazilian Red Cloak - close!

Here's the photo that I submitted for the FMS Photo A Day competition - Kitchen.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely DoF Judi and I see a nice new blue kettle in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, finally a kettle that doesn't have a mind of it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did your arrangement last? It is beautiful! I have several and would like to make an arrangement

    ReplyDelete