Sunday, February 17, 2019

Good intentions....

It's 9am on Sunday morning and I am propped up in bed sipping my coffee and nibbling on toast that my darling husband has brought to me.  I had good intentions.  I was going to leap out of bed at 6.30, go for a walk then a swim before cooking up bacon and eggs for breakfast.  😁 Well, you know what they say about good plans ..........
We are going to Cairns later this morning.  Philip wants to buy an extension for his hedge trimmer so that the gardener and he can trim our very tall geisha girls this week.  He has googled the Bosch website and found that he can buy the extension at Bunnings.  So Bunnings we shall go.  ☹️
Earlier this week I purchased Event Cinema tickets to go and see The Mule today.  It has been given bad reviews so that is a very good reason to watch it.  I have never yet agreed with any bad review of any movie that I have watched.  I wonder who these reviewers are? Anyway I will let you know what WE think.
And how's this for coincidence.  The cruise ship that we are joining in Singapore next month, Regent Seven Seas Navigator, will be in Cairns today!  The ship is on a world cruise and we are joining her in Singapore for the 40 day segment ending in Rome (via Suez Canal).  It will be amazing to see the little ship up close and personal.
While in Cairns we will also visit the nursery to pick up a few more herbs for my kitchen garden that got a real battering during the exceptionally heavy rain in December and January. I have already taken out any plants that are dead or dying and refilled the plot with some 5 in 1 potting mix so it is ready to plant out.
Hubby doesn't know it yet but I am also going to surprise him with a visit to JBHIFI to buy him a new iPad.  He watches Netflix every day on his iPad mini so I am upgrading him to the iPad pro.  He will love it and I might also enjoy photo editing on it....... if I can get it off him!  The big plus of course is purchasing now so that we can claim a refund for GST as we exit the country next month.  
How did you spend your Valentines Day?  We broke out of our alcohol detox and had drinks and nibblies poolside.  We stayed in the pool longer than we should have but it was just so darn pleasant. 


Once again though I had a very disrupted sleep after drinking alcohol.  Gosh. I only had three gin and tonics but my body seems to be rejecting alcohol big time!  Not such a bad thing I guess 🥺
The weather has been glorious, but out of the blue on Wednesday we had a very severe, almost tornado-like, storm hit us.  The wind was incredible and the drops of rain were huge.  If it was a bit cooler we would almost have certainly had hail.  Fortunately it didn't last long but it took us some time to go around the garden picking up palm fronds that had been blown around.



Most days this week however, have looked like this......


Take care lovelies and I will talk to you next week. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment