Sunday, August 3, 2014

Photo Club

The first Satuday of each month is the day of the month that I look forward to the most.  Photo Club Day!  
We meet at 10am at various members places and this month it was at Miallo.  The first thing we do is enter our photos for the club challenges and then vote for the photos that you like the most.  The challenges this month were "Oddest Angle", "Sunrise/Sunset", "Nights" and "Plants".  I won the "Nights"  with this photo:


and "Oddest Angle" with this one:

After the judging we wandered down to Miallo Creek for some shots and then drove on to Whynabeel Valley.  

A tranquil setting at High Falls


Giant Stands of Bamboo at Whynabeel
I always enjoy these outings.  The help you get from the other photographers with framing photos is invaluable.  Someone will always see something that everybody else has missed.
I had already decided that today was going to be a photography day for me and that I would devote the whole day to it.  Hubby is still away so it's perfect.  My plan was to walk Cooya Beach to the mouth of the Mossman River and then end my day at Hambug Bend for sunset shots of the Daintree River.  Another friend from the group said she would join me there and suggested that we head up to the Daintree Village for dinner.  It was a great idea and I have to say my choice of homemade meat pie (curried lamb) with chips and salad was perfect.  Just had to forget about the diet for today!
This is a selection of the shots of Cooya Beach and the Daintree River.

Cooya Beach at the mouth of the Mossman River looking towards Newell Beach and the Daintree

Sea Debris

Driftwood

Looking over cane fields towards the Daintree and Cape Tribulation

We were extremely luck to have a glorious sunset over the Daintree River

No crocs or birds to be seen!


No comments:

Post a Comment