Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas 2022

We had the perfect Christmas Day. First up was a phone call from our Leyburn friends followed by coffee in bed and presents! I was lucky enough to receive some very thoughtful gift vouchers from my hubby that I am very much looking forward to redeeming.

After coffee we went for a lovely long walk around Palm Cove because we knew that we would probably be over indulging later on today!  By the time we arrived home we were very hungry so I cooked us Kylie Kwong fried eggs along side baked ham. It always goes down a treat.

After breakfast was cleared away it was time to start making the phone calls to family and friends. It took a good part of the morning to complete this task with Philip and I in different corners of the apartment and of course we then had to relate all the news back to each other!

We weren’t due at our friends place for lunch until 2pm so we had time to put “Love Actually” in the DVD player and kicked back to watch this classic Christmas movie. I love this movie so much and it always brings a tear to my eye. Love really does conquer all and Hugh Grant still makes my heart flutter……

We had to stop the movie half way to shower and make ourselves presentable for Christmas lunch at our friends place.

 The minute we pulled up in the carpark we could smell the delicious aromas of roast lamb wafting around us and we were not disappointed with the beautiful Christmas lunch that our friends had prepared. There were seven of us for lunch and we feasted on seafood followed by a traditional roast with all the trimmings.



My contribution to the lunch was a dessert. I found a recipe for a de- constructed truffle that was very easy to construct and seemed to be well received. It looked mighty pretty…..

Around 5pm Philip and I said our goodbyes to our friends who were all looking very tired as they had been “on the go”entertaining family since the previous day. 

When we arrived home we decided to stroll down to the Jetty to walk off some of our Christmas lunch. There were lots of people along the length of the Esplanade enjoying a variety of Christmas fare. The younger generation were enjoying burgers from the bbq while further along,  the Islanders were having a more traditional dinner. There was a group down on the beach playing some sort of skulling game (sore heads tomorrow) and all in all Palm Cove had a wonderful party feel.


It has been a lovely day and my hope is that all my wonderful friends out there enjoyed their Christmas Day as much as we did. 

I will try to keep my blog updated throughout 2023 as we have lots of travel planned and as my readers know, I do love to write!

Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment