Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Year

New Year.......New Beginnings.  This is my motto for each and every new year.  I don't make any resolutions anymore as they just seem to slip by the wayside.  I will continue to live a healthy and happy life because I firmly believe that you can't have one without the other.

So, how did we bring in the New Year?  With friends of course.  Friends who have played a big part in our lives for a very long time and we are very lucky to have them in our lives.  We hosted New Years Eve at our apartment where we had the perfect spot for people watching and also a birds eye view of the fireworks at 8.30 pm. Well it would have been a great view if the scaffolding on the new development beside us didn't block our view ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Next year it will all be gone!  

Everyone arrived around 5.30 pm and we enjoyed drinks and nibbles until 7.00 pm when we sat down for our main meal.  

.
The Menu.
(I didn't end up cooking the sausages as our friends brought along a lovely chicken selection).

I tried to make it as simple as possible but still seemed to spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen. I was trying out the Air Fryer for three of my plates and in hindsight it would have been better to use the bbq for the Rack of Lamb.  The Air Fryer seems to work best of all for vegetables as the hasselback potatoes browned and cooked beautifully.  Jane made the Basque Cheesecake and it was very creamy and delicious served alongside a berry coulis.  The PP treats were sweets that were included in our Pumphouse Point Christmas hamper. They are soooooo sweet!

The rain tumbled down just as the fireworks started and our friends that wandered over to the beach for a vantage point view came back drenched!  We are so lucky that the rain in the tropics is never cold rain and it is what I love most about living in the tropics.  I love those heavy downpours.

Most of our guests were well and truly tucked up in their beds before midnight but Philip and I decided to sit up and see in the new year.  We were very wired after our guests left so sleep would have been impossible.  I didn't have any alcoholic drinks on New Years Eve even though I had given myself permission to do so.  I just didn't feel like it ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š 

So what are we looking forward to in 2022.  For a start it would be nice to see Covid19 downgraded from pandemic to epidemic.  I think that will happen.  In the meantime we will get all the booster vaccines that our esteemed medical teams recommend and then hopefully by Easter we will be on the road for the rest of 2022.  Fingers crossed.

Take care in whatever you do,

Judi xx

PS

My sister sent me this lovely photo of my mum (aged 84) and her youngest great grandchild - Douglas.



No comments:

Post a Comment