Saturday, December 21, 2019

All aboard....

We are now safely tucked into our suite on board Regent Seven Seas Voyager.  Our suite is light and roomy that makes for a nice change. The transfer from our hotel to the ship was without incident but there always seems to be a delay at the check-in even though we were in a priority lane.  Passports have to be checked,  photo id has to be organised and you still have to pass through security before boarding. It all takes time.
Our suite was ready as soon as we were on board and Philips suitcase was already in our suite.  Unfortunately our suitcases became detached from each other because mine did not arrive until just before departure.  This caused just a little anxiety :-(



Lunch on board was a light salad as we had a reservation for dinner at Charteuse Restaurant and we wanted to make sure we had plenty of room for some delicious french food.
Charteuse Restaurant was not an option on our last Regent Cruise so it was great to have the choice of a different restaurant.  I ordered the Beef Consomme for entree and the Dover Sole for main.  I was not disappointed as they were spectacularly good.  Philip said that his Cheese Soufflé followed by Beef Tournadeaus were also an excellent choice.

Today has been a laid back affair although we did drag ourselves out of bed quite early for a walk around the deck before a Stretch Class in the gym.  We decided on the buffet for breakfast but chose an a la carte lunch in Compass Rose Restaurant.  I'm not a great lover of buffets.  There always seems to be so much push and shove and I know the staff are vigilant when it comes to germs but all that breathing over food does put me off.
Compass Rose Restaurant is a delight and the staff are always helpful.  It is is never very busy for lunch and you get great service.  I chose the Breaded Goats Cheese for entree and Turkey Saltimbocca for main, while Philip went for the Seafood Soup followed by Pork Ribs.  I must admit I did have a bit of food envy!

Before we went to lunch we went to the pool deck where the staff put on a performed some sort of ceremony as we crossed the equator.  To be honest I couldn't make head nor tail of what it was about. Something about sacrificing a virgin to the gods.  Anyway, the cocktails that I drank while watching the performance were very good.....

After lunch I relaxed by the pool and the water was a perfect temperature for me.  For those that know me well that means lukewarm. Philip has another gym class this afternoon - Spin Cycling - whilst I think I will go for another walk.  No dinner for us tonight although the butler will bring us canapés around 5.00 pm.  We are opting for a nice quiet night with maybe a movie or two.

Check this out.  It is a completely edible display set up outside Compass Rose.....



No comments:

Post a Comment