Sunday, June 30, 2019

Busy Bees

We have had a very good response to the marketing of our property in the past three weeks and have even been chosen by the Weekend Australian newspaper as one of the Top 5 Prestige Properties across Australia.  We were  just a little chuffed and even more surprised to find out that they want to feature us again in next weeks Weekend Australian Magazine.  We don't know exactly what this means but it is still exciting and can't wait to see it.


In response to all this attention, I have had a cleaning bug.  I have washed every wall inside the house and Philip and I together have washed all the outside walls.  The painters were here last week and re-painted all the trim so the house is really sparkling.
As a "pat on the back" for all our hard work in the past couple of weeks we treated ourselves to a night at the Sheraton Mirage in Port Douglas for the "Chefs in Paradise" degustation.

We arrived at the Sheraton around 4.30 pm and after checking in and walking the short distance to our room we opened the doors to this lovely room.  The complete renovation of the complex was completed a couple of years ago and they have done a great job.  The only complaint I had with the rooms was the over-use of mirrors.  I startled myself a dozen times during our overnight stay thinking someone else was in the room!


The dinner at Harrisons Restaurant inside the Sheraton complex commenced at 6.30pm with canapés and Champagne.  Our chefs tonight were Manu Feildel and Adam D'Sylva and the owner of Harrisons, Patrick Spencer.

L to R, Chefs Spencer Patrick, Manu Feildel and Adam D'Sylva
Harrisons Restaurant

From the very first bite of our first canapés we knew we were going to be in for a treat and not one course let us down.  Every single morsel was delicious. We were also served matching wines that, I must admit, are a bit wasted on me but in my humble opinion they were well matched with the food.
We were seated at a communal table and were lucky enough to be seated with some great people and the night was very enjoyable.
The four canapés

The four courses

We finally left the table around 10.30 and were tucked up in bed by 11.30 but, had it not been raining we would have gone for a stroll to walk off some of that food!
The next morning we once again headed to Harrisons for breakfast by the pool.  It is such a lovely setting and we are so lucky to have this right on our doorstep.



 I wasn't very hungry (obviously!) so I ordered the bacon "sanga".  Oh my goodness.  Just look at the size of this!  I humbly admit I ate the lot....


Philip woke early this morning and went for a bike ride before breakfast so he was famished when he returned but the breakfast he ordered was much healthier than mine.  I think we should have swapped.

Anyway folks that's a wrap for this week.
xx Judi




No comments:

Post a Comment