Sunday, November 25, 2018

A night with Carlotta

What a great night we had in Palm Cove last night at the Surf Club where Carlotta was performing! Many would remember the LES GIRLS revue that started in Kings Cross and took their performance to many places across Australia.  Shortly after joining Les Girls, Carlotta became their witty compere.  I first remember seeing Les Girls at the Rolling Surf Cabaret in Caloundra sometime in the 80's.  I remember back then laughing until my sides hurt and it was no different last night.  Carlotta is now 75 and still as witty and politically incorrect as ever.  In fact she opened the night by telling anyone that can't stand her incorrectness to get the F.... out now!
I didn't find anything she said or did to be offensive and as she said, why do we all have to be so politically correct.   We seem to have lost our Australianism somewhere along the line.  As she also pointed out nothing she says could ever be worse than what has been said to her as a Transexual.
Most of the night was spent taking the "mickey" out of people and not one person I saw was offended or walked out.  She spent a bit of time at our front row table and I kept waiting for her to take the "mickey" out of my new look orange hair, but she kindly left me alone however she picked up Jane's handbag asking " Darling is it antique?" (it wasn't!)


Her voice is as good as I remember and I particularly enjoyed the tribute to her good friend Peter Allen. Carlotta now lives on the Gold Coast and just does a few shows here and there.  Up until a couple of years ago she was on Studio 10 with Jess Rowe, who she speaks fondly of.
It really was a great night with a delicious three course meal served to us at our tables.  It was one of the best restaurant meals I have had for quite awhile. Would I go and see her again?  In a heartbeat!




2 comments:

  1. Looks like a very enjoyable night, I've always like Carlotta.X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was enjoyable Judy. She is a darling and so great that she is so politically incorrect!

      Delete