Monday, August 21, 2017

Birthday Week

My birthday week has officially started with one of the loveliest surprises......ever!  Would you look at this cake!


My gorgeous and very talented friend made it for me.  It is a "Tree of Life" cake and it is truly one of the loveliest cakes I have ever seen let alone been presented with! I told Kate afterwards that I don't remember the last time I had a birthday cake because, as everyone knows, I don't "do" birthdays. I really dislike being the centre of attention.
We went to Kate's place for a bbq lunch to celebrate Kate's birthday with her lovely family and not for a moment did I expect to also be part of the celebration.  I was very overwhelmed by the whole thing.  
If I didn't say it to you Kate, thank you very much for being such a kind, thoughtful and generous friend.  I love you heaps. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment