JUstDreamInparadise.......JUDI living in Paradise

Friday, 2 September 2016

A big surprise.

A couple of weeks ago our son rang to tell me that he had booked flights to come and visit us for Fathers Day.  I was under the strictest instructions to keep it a secret from Philip.  HOW....HARD....WAS....THAT!!!!  Very hard, but I did it.
It took a bit of planning to pick Marco up from Cairns. Firstly, I had to have a reason to go to Cairns without hubby wanting to tag along.  Shopping is always a good reason as hubby hates that.  Next, because Marco's flight was quite late I had to think of a reason to be down there most of the day.  This was harder but it came to me in a brainwave.  I wanted to upgrade my Macbook to a Macbook super light to take on holidays so I told hubby that I was going to purchase the computer and then get the shop to transfer all my data over.  And, of course with such a lot of data,  this could take all day I told hubby.
When I travel to Cairns I normally ring Philip several times to let him know that I'm OK but I just couldn't do that yesterday for fear of "spilling the beans", and I always ring as I leave Cairns so that Philip has an idea of what time I will be home.  Fortunately when I did ring him it went to message bank so that I didn't have to talk directly with hubby.  I'm certain I could not have contained the secret.
Marco's flight got in about 4.30pm and he was to ring me and I would pick him up from the "pick up" area.  Unfortunately, Marco didn't have my mobile number with him! It took him awhile before finally getting on to my goddaughter to give him the number.  She is a lifesaver.  So after all this we didn't actually leave Cairns until well after 5.00 pm and it was dark when we drove up the driveway.  I was confident that Philip would not see the car and I could sneak Marco into the house but as luck would have it Philip just happened to walk outside as I drove towards the house so he walked over to the carport to welcome me home.
The look on his face when he saw Marco and then when he uttered "What the F....K!"was priceless.  They gave each other a big hug (Philip doesn't normally do hugs) and after knocking the top off a couple of beers we talked the night away.  Marco is here until Monday and we are going to savour every minute of it.  We haven't seen Marco since we helped him settle in to his new place at Gundiah quite a few months ago.

How good is this.

No comments:

Post a Comment