Monday, April 4, 2016

Moving right along.....

Gosh, it's been awhile since I last posted on my blog.  We have just had so much on our plate lately and some very exciting news that I will be able to tell you about in a couple of weeks time.
Philip is currently at Julia Creek where the men are busy selling and trucking cattle.  We have had a beautiful wet season at "Caleewa" and "Cathan" but I speak quietly as there are still so many places in western Queensland that have not received anywhere near enough rain.  We hope and pray for a late wet season for them but it doesn't look hopeful.
I quite look forward to my time alone.  Philip and I are with each other 24/7 so it's healthy to have a break away from each other.  For me I like to try out new recipes while I'm by myself and if they are a success I will serve them up to hubby when he returns.  I've made some very interesting things this past week
  • Loaded sweet potatoes (filling of Chorizo, Capsicum, Onion, Sour Cream, Paprika etc etc)
  • Bolognese sauce (made an extra large batch) and then served it with Zucchini Noodles; next day I topped jacket potatoes with the sauce and lots of parmesan cheese and on the third day I made a Moussaka that I have been enjoying with a greek salad.
  • Pork Leg rubbed with Spiced Coffee mix (salt, pepper, cayenne, brown sugar, garlic, smoked paprika, ground coffee) that is slowly cooking away in the cooker ready for me to eat for lunch today with some fresh vegetables
  • Coconut Ice Cream (condensed milk, full cream milk, coconut cream, shredded coconut) and peaches that I picked up on a throw out table at the farmers market and have now poached with coconut syrup, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, star anise and vanilla pod.

Pork Leg rubbed with spiced coffee mix for lunch today.

Since we now have our main meal at lunch and very little (if anything for dinner) I have become more creative with seemingly more time to prepare the lunch time meals.  I have always disliked cooking meals in the evening.  It is always late when we come in from the garden and quite honestly I just love to shower and then kick back in the lounge chair and enjoy a little evening TV.

How have your days been?  Busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment