Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It's all about the food....again!

I still have copious amounts of lemons and passionfruit.  I have given away as many as I possibly can but still the fruit bowl groans under the weight of all that fruit.  I have also frozen as much as I possibly can but honestly, I don't like the frozen product as much as the fresh.  So I am forever google searching for ideas.  I came across a recipe for lemonade yesterday that was infused with ginger.  It is so bloody delicious and refreshing.  Just the thing for the warmer weather.



I also found a recipe for Passionfruit Curd that uses 11 passionfruit!  Tick!  It comes from one of my favourite chefs....Nigella.  It made quite a large batch so I was able to give some to my gardener who so carefully tends to all my passionfruit vines.


Something else I stumbled on was a recipe for Avocado Pesto tossed over zucchini noodles and a few tomatoes thrown in for good measure.  It is the perfect meal for my 5:2 fasting day as it comes in at just under 300 calories.  Needless to say it is delicious and also a way to use up some of the avocados that are now ready to be picked.


Now I just have to find some recipes using  BANANAS!  We have three bunches all ripening at the same time!



No comments:

Post a Comment